This Dayton, KY will surprise and inspire you.
This house was built around 1890 as an office and residence for a doctor and his family. The couple who now owns it also uses it for both living and working.
In addition to home offices for both Mandy and Aaron, there is also a rentable music studio and an Airbnb unit with its own entrance. They even rent out the whole house for special events.
The cool, eclectic vibe of the decor comes from both owners, but Aaron says that Mandy is the one who has the patience to search for all the great details and furnishings and the eye to know what will work. In fact, after their house was featured on the 2018 Beyond the Curb tour, Mandy was asked to design the interiors of several short-term rental units and has since added “interior design” to her list of services she can provide.
Thank you to the exclusive sponsor of this episode:
KMK Law (Keating Meuthing & Klekamp) is a nationally recognized law firm of approximately 120 lawyers in Cincinnati, OH. They deliver sophisticated legal solutions to businesses of all sizes, from start-up companies to Fortune 50 corporations.
More information about the property
The owners of this home have many resources to share with you:
All the recommendations are their own and are not affiliated with Beyond the Curb or the Catalytic Fund. For additional details, you can reach out directly to Mandy.
- Rental of their music studio.
- Their Airbnb listing.
- Mandy’s business website, MANMAN Studios, which includes info on renting the entire property for an event.
- Instagram of the house and Manman Studios.
- Laura Cianciolo, the “Mary Poppins of Plants”, who curates and cares for their collection of plants.
- Exterior construction, including the fence
- Kitchen: countertops, cabinets, floating shelves
- Shelves in media room and swinging bed in loft
- Recording desk in music studio
- Mural in Mandy’s office
- Murals in the staircase: black on white and white on black